- About SRWP
- Explore the Watershed
- A Roadmap to Watershed Management
- Sacramento River Basin Report Card
- Cover and Acknowledgements
- Table of Contents
- List of Acronyms
- Executive Summary and Report Card
- 1.0 Introduction and Background
- 2.0 Indicator Selection
- 3.0 Indicator Generation, Evaluation, Aggregation
- 4.0 General Methods and Principles
- 5.0 Interpretation
- 6.0 Conclusions and Recommendations
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Indicator Selection Criteria
- SWIM Digital Atlas
- SWIM Digital Library
- Invasive Plants
- On-Line Regulatory Permitting Guide
- Rural Residential Development
- Our Work
- Conferences and Workshops
- Monitoring Committee
- River of Words
- Journey through the Sacramento River Watershed
- Sacramento River Watershed Partners
About the Board of Trustees
The Bylaws for the SRWP describe the responsibilities of the Board of Trustees. Those include managing the fiscal responsibilities of the corporation, managing employee relations, implementing general stakeholder policy directions, and directing the corporation toward achieving its mission and purpose. To implement those responsibilities, the first Board will develop specific detailed procedures and policies. They will meet once a month at locations determined by the Board according to the requirements and restrictions of the Bylaws.
Board of Trustees Nomination Information
If you would like to apply to serve as a SRWP Board of Trustee, please provide the following information:
Short resume describing qualifications and experience including:
- Professional expertise – business, ranching, accounting, law, education, management, etc.
- Experience with local watershed or other collaborative ventures
- Experience with not-for-profit organization management either as a board member, employee, or participant
- Knowledge of issues with the watershed - local, regional or both
- In two pages or less, provide a description of what you hope to accomplish by serving on the Board of Trustees for the Sacramento River Watershed Program.
Nominations should be sent to:
Sacramento River Watershed Program
ATTN: Board Nominations
PO Box 9233
Chico, CA 95927
You can also email nominations to Holly Jorgensen, firstname.lastname@example.org,.
For questions, contact Holly Jorgensen, email@example.com, 530-781-2220.
Please note that the SRWP Bylaws also allow for nominations to be made the day of the annual stakeholder meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can serve on the Board of Trustees?
A: The only significant restrictions on eligibility are related to conflict of interest issues and other legal restrictions related to State and Federal not-for-profit status laws. The intent of the Bylaws is to ensure a wide range of Board representation in order to reflect the diversity of stakeholder perspectives in the watershed. The SRWP Bylaws are available online.
Q: What is the responsibility of the SRWP Board of Trustees?
A: The Bylaws describe the responsibilities of the Board of Trustees. They include managing fiscal responsibilities of the corporation, managing employee relations, implementing general stakeholder policy, fundraising, and directing the corporation toward achieving its mission and purpose. The Board of Trustees meets bi-monthly at locations determined by the Board.
The First Board of Trustees, March 2, 2002
Back row: Bill Borror, Anjanette Martin, Rich Gresham, Bob Shanks, Dianne Gaumer
Middle row: Vieva Swearingen, Barbara Vlamis, Keith Hansen
Front row, seated: Fraser Sime, Rich Marovich, Dawit Zeleke, Dwight Holford, and Bob Harri